This is an off the cuff presentation of the module structure in the Psych course we are developing, which shows some of the possibilities of combining multiple OER into a course designed for institutional reuse. Part II will talk more about the mixability piece.
I started this project to in part show how easy this is for institutions to do. I found that is is not hard work, but it takes a *lot* of time to structure a semester’s worth of modules at this level. Accordingly, my impression of the value has shifted — I find it hard to imagine that a faculty member could find the time to build out something at this level on their own — and that’s a huge argument for open production and collaboration.